The Subcontractors’ Award is to recognise exemplary practice in the management of occupational health risks by subcontractors amongst their employees under the BuildHealth Initiative.
Each member company represented on the BuildHealth Steering Committee is invited to nominate one subcontractor who has been exemplary in managing occupational health risks amongst its employees on a BuildHealth member company construction site.
All nominations should be made by completing the attached form and returning it to
Hazel Irvine email@example.com not later than 13th September 2013.
The judging of entries will be based on the following criteria:
- The level of understanding of the subcontractor of occupational health risks and statutory requirements;
- The extent to which the subcontractor has ensured awareness of health and safety risks amongst their employees;
- The overall contribution of the subcontractor to the health and wellbeing of their workers on a BuildHealth champion site;
- The implementation of innovative approaches to employee engagement and risk reduction with regard health issues
- Evidence of integration of occupational health risk management into the subcontractor’s systems of work.
All entries will be assessed by a judging panel drawn from relevant professional bodies and chaired by HSENI (Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland).
There will be one overall winner and two subcontractors will be highly commended. The winner will receive a crystal plaque engraved with their name. The award will be presented at the Buildhealth Seminar on the 16th October 2013 at Greenmount College, Antrim.
Download Nomination form – BuildHealth Sub Contractors Award Scheme 2013