We the undersigned, hereby commit to endeavour to improve the health of the workforce in the Northern Ireland construction industry.
This Statement recognises the following core values:
- RIGHTS: The right of all construction workers to have a working environment which protects and promotes their health.
- CO-OPERATION: Senior management commitment to health and employee participation at all levels is essential
- ECONOMIC BENEFITS: Improved workforce health aligns closely with increased business outputs, greater competitiveness and sustainability to the benefit of the NI economy
- HEALTH GAIN: Improved workforce health significantly benefits individuals and their families.
We commit to the following actions to manage health at work:
- Develop or use existing employee consultation arrangements to implement an action plan for health
- Address health risks at all stages of construction from design to commissioning with the aim of implementing appropriate and effective controls
- Work towards achieving best practice in the management and rehabilitation of ill workers
- Continually enhance the knowledge of all involved in construction on health and empower them to take appropriate action.