BuildHealth Steering Commitee
Terms Of Reference – BuildHealth Steering Committee
- The BuildHealth Committee is a joint Committee between representatives of the Construction Industry and HSENI.
- The aims of the Committee are to promote advocacy for the health and wellbeing of all construction workers through awareness of the following among relevant stakeholders
(a) health risk management
(b) systems to manage and rehabilitate ill construction workers
(c) systems for health promotion
- The Committee comprises construction industry representatives including current companies which have health champion sites. the Chair, alternate and Secretary are from HSENI and a Deputy Chair and Treasurer from industry.
- Meetings are held on a three/four monthly basis. Minutes of the meetings are copied to the relevant Deputy Chief Executive of HSENI and circulated to Committee members and through them to Health Champions.
- At each meeting reports from champion sites are considered, future events planned and the website reviewed. The Deputy Chair/Treasurer provides an updated financial report at each meeting
- A plan of work is developed in the fourth quarter of each year for implementation from the following April.
- Champion members sponsor the website through an account held by the Construction Employers Federation and managed by the Treasurer.