BuildHealth Champions Committee
Buildhealth Champion Role/Responsibilities
- To develop an Occupational Health Management Plan for his/her project and facilitate its implementation.
- To review risk assessments and ensure that health issues are adequately addressed in the control measures.
- To monitor and review ill health related absences on his/her project.
- To review Company procedures in relation to occupational health on his/her project and suggest improvements to line manager including return to work arrangements.
- To ensure workers involved in safety critical work meet the appropriate fitness for work standards.
- To facilitate the delivery of regular health related tool box talks to raise awareness of occupational health standards on site.
- To deliver at least 1 health promotion initiative on his/her project during 2008. Examples include Action Cancer visits to promote early detection of cancers, Chest, Heart and Stroke Association health assessments, dermatitis awareness events, HAVS prevention activities, noise awareness sessions and the like.
- To host a visit by other contractors to showcase good practice in health promotion.
- To attend periodic meetings and network with other Health Promotion Champions to share ideas and experiences.
- To prepare a brief report on occupational health management on his/her project focussing on improvements/learning points.