The 2013 BuildHealth Seminar, “Hidden Killers” was held at Greenmount Campus on the 16th October. The seminar was well supported by with 98 Attendee’s representing 55 Local Companies. The increased attendance from last year’s seminar, demonstrates the commitment of the Construction industry to Healh Management within their activities. Upon arrival attendees had the opeprtunity to revewi the poster display of the Helath initiatives being implemented on the BuildHealth Champion Sites.
The Seminar was introduced by Keith Morrison, Chief Executive, HSENI who announced the 2013 Buildhealth Subcontractrs Award Winner .
Five Presentations Followed on
- Construction Dusts: much more than a nuisance by Chris Lucas, HM Inspector of Health and Safety Construction Division: Health Risk Management Unit, HSE
- Improving Wellbeing: Foyle Health at Work – A Derry Healthy Cities Initiative by Sabrina Dunn, Derry Healthy Cities
- Asbestos notifiable non-licenced work Changes introduced by the 2012 Regulations by Carl Stuart, Senior Scientific Officer, HSENI
- Mental Health in the Workplace by Gary McMichael, Chief Executive, ASCERT
- Health & Safety Works NI: The small business and advisory service by Deirdre Whyte, Health and Safety Adviser, HSWNI
The Seminar Concluded with thanks and recognition provided by George Lucas, Chairman, HSENI
of the and commitment of departing steering committee members Delia Skan and Ken Logan, and thanks to the presenters, participants and attendees