Health Surveillance allows for early identification of ill health and helps identify any corrective action needed. Health Surveillance may be required by law if your employees are exposed to noise or vibration, solvents, fumes, dusts, biological agents and other substances hazardous to health, or work in compressed air.
HSE – health-surveillance-cycle
The HSE has smoking electronic cigarette recently published Guidance on Health Surveillance, including:
- Definition of what Health Surveillance is.
- When Health Surveillance is required.
- Involving Employees in Health Surveillance.
- Checklist when purchasing Health Surveillance, and the competency of advisers.
- Guidance on Recordkeeping & How to handle medical records and data.