The BuildHealth Steering Committee have launched the inaugural Sub Contractors Award Scheme to recognise exemplary performance by sub contractors in the management of health risks on construction sites across Northern Ireland.
Each member company participating in the BuildHealth Initiative has been invited to nominate one sub contractor for an award.
The award criteria are as follows:-
– The level of understanding of the sub contractor of occupational health risks and statutory requirements
– The extent to which the sub contractor has ensured awareness of health risks amongst their employees
– The overall contribution of the sub contractor to the health and wellbeing of their workers on a BuildHealth champion site
– The implementation of innovative approaches to employee engagement and risk reduction with regard to health risks
– Evidence of integration of occupational health risk management into the sub contractor’s systems of work
– Adjudication of entries will be undertaken by a panel drawn from relevant professional bodies in Northern Ireland and chaired by the HSENI.
Awards will be presented at a BuildHealth Best Practice Information Seminar to be held at the University of Ulster on 3rd October 2012.