Stress is a major issue within the Construction industry in Northern Ireland
The top five most stressful aspects of construction work are:
- Having too much work to do in the time available;
- Travelling or commuting;
- Being responsible for the safety of others at work;
- Working long hours; and
- Having a dangerous job.
Factors such as personal relationships, financial concerns, domestic issues and bereavement can also affect our ability to cope with pressure at work.
BuildHealth actively promote workplace stress assessments and management
- Work related stress – together we can tackle it
- Stress level -HSENI poster
- Stress level – HSENI leaflet
- HSE – An analysis of the prevalence and distribution of stress in the construction industry
- Recognise the symptoms of stress and get help